Resources and Links
Acts, Regulations, and Bylaws
- The Occupational Therapists Act, 1997
- This Act regulates the profession of occupational therapy.
- The Occupational Therapists Amendment Act, 2003.
- The Occupational Therapists Amendment Act, 2003 received Royal Assent in 2003. The amendments to the Act permitted licensure of an Occupational Therapist who has a Professional Master’s Degree in occupational therapy without first having to receive an undergraduate degree in occupational therapy.
- The Act was proclaimed on August 1, 2006.
- SSOT Bylaws
- Saskatchewan Occupational Therapists Code of Ethics
- HIPA (Health and Information Protection Act) - New guidelines
The Saskatchewan Psychiatric Occupational Therapy – Driving Screen (SPOT-DS)
- SPOT-DS Document Alicia Carey, recipient of the SSOT Presentation Grant, shared her work in the development of this tool in a poster presentation at this year’s CAOT Conference. Congratulations to Alicia and thank you for making this resource accessible to OTs throughout the province.
Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)
Labour Market for OTs in Saskatchewan
Published News Articles
Check this out! Apparently, this is the first publication in a peer reviewed journal article on psychiatric Occupational Therapy in Saskatchewan since 1956! Use the following Sage link to find the newly published article in the British Journal of Occupational Therapy, entitled “Development of the Saskatchewan Psychiatric Occupational Therapy Driving Screen” by Alicia Carey (SSOT member), Carolyn Burton, Aleksandra Grochulski (SSOT member), Paige Pinay, and AJ Remillard. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0308022617752065
SSOT Position Statements
- SSOT Document Standards and Guidelines
- Consent Guidelines for OTs working with students in the Saskatchewan Educational System October 2010
- SSOT Pediatric Paper, November 2010
- SSOT Support Personnel Guidelines, September 2006
- SSOT Continuing Competency Foundational Document, September 2006
- SSOT Primary Health Care Position Statement, September 2003
- Delivery of Services Relating to the Use of Motor Vehicles: A Guide for Occupational Therapists
- SSOT Labour Market for Occupational Therapists in Saskatchewan (LMOT)
CAOT Position Papers
SSOT Document Standards and Guidelines for Occupational Therapists
The U of S ProBono Law Students have done research to assist SSOT in developing the next version of the SSOT Document Standards and Guidelines for Occupational Therapists. You may access their powerpoint presentation below.
Canadian Institute for Health Information - OT Reports
The Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) is a not-for-profit independent organization that collects and analyzes information on health and health care in Canada and makes it publicly available. The following is their most recent report on the Occupational Therapy Workforce and SSOT's media response to this report. For more information on CIHI or to access other CIHI reports go to http://www.cihi.ca/
Patient First Report
Please see the following website for the Patient First Report - http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/patient-first-commissioners-report
Mental Health Demonstration Project
Planning Branch, Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists & Saskatchewan Health Authority (formerly known as Saskatoon Health Region) (2010). Demonstration Project: Occupational Therapy Services in Mental Health: Supporting Transition to the Community.
Occupational Therapy Organization Links
Provincial OT Regulatory Organizations
College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba
Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec
New Brunswick College of Occupational Therapists
PEI Occupational Therapists Registration Board
Newfoundland & Labrador Occupational Therapy Board (email)
College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
Provincial/Territorial Occupational Therapy Professional Associations
Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists
Society of Alberta Occupational Therapists
Manitoba Society of Occupational Therapists
L'Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec
New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists
PEI Occupational Therapy Society
Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Occupational (email)
Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists