SSOT Mission Statement
To protect the public through quality regulation of occupational therapy practice in Saskatchewan, to support the continuing competence of our members, and to promote awareness of occupational therapy services.
The Society has three major functions:
- through a registration process for all occupational therapists in Saskatchewan; and
- through clearly defined complaints and discipline processes to handle complaints against members.
Continuing Competence of Members:
- through the SSOT Continuing Competency Program;
- provides a resource network for formal and informal communication;
- encourages and provides opportunities for continuing professional education; and
- encourages research.
Promote Awareness of and Improved Access to Occupational Therapy services:
- by educating the public about Occupational Therapy services;
- by advocating for an adequate and stable supply of occupational therapists in Saskatchewan;
- by supporting the expansion of occupational therapy roles and increased access to occupational therapy services for Saskatchewan residents; and
- by maintaining an active interest in the education of future occupational therapists.
To ensure that all occupational therapy services are promoting the function and independence of Saskatchewan residents.